Thursday, March 10, 2011

Birdsong

This started out as textured gesso background (actually it was a scrap from the cover of a magazine), adding fibers and paint.  I saw some wooden leaves my dad had made on the scroll saw which I had pulled several weeks ago and laid on my table to be used for inspiration at some point.  Then the image begun to form in my mind of a bird on branches.  The rest sort of just evolved.  I knew I needed something for the bird nest and was mulling over in my mind what to use.  I had walked outside to empty the trash and saw some outer pecan shells laying on the ground.  On the tree they wrap the pecan and fall off in quarters as the tree drops the matured pecan.  Our yard is full of them.  Yep, that made the perfect nest.  Not necessarily on my table but surely was scrap.  I was really pleased with the outcome and think I will buy a shadow box and hang this on the wall.  It is so textural that it really needs a frame with depth.  Thanks, Christy for this challenge because otherwise I'd probably never even thought of this idea.


I just received this awesome comment from the lady who posted the PAO challenge.  This is quite a compliment coming from her as she is an inspiration to me.  From Christy, "Jaw dropingly stunning! Awesome awesome take on this challenge".

No comments:

Post a Comment