Friday, June 17, 2011

Why Art Journals ?

Keeping an Art Journal is a fulfilling and creative experience.  I can choose to write about the little things in life, reflections about my day....or my Journal can be purely decorative!  My journals tend to be on the more decorative side.  It’s whatever I want it to be.  That’s what I love about art journaling.  I am in charge of what goes on the pages....the book is just for me.  (Unless I want to share it, but that’s my choice.)   I do share some of my pages in this blog and participate in swaps with other artistic friends where I journal in their books.  Now that will take you out of your comfort zone, but is so rewarding.   It is a place where I can experiment and try new types of media.  I always have five or six journals going at the same time.

If you've never tried art journaling, I'd encourage you to give it a try.  There is no right or wrong way to journal, it is whatever you desire to create.  You will be amazed at how much fun a journal can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment