Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day at the Park


While at the park with my granddaughter, I found these leaves.  I knew I wanted to do something to remember such a beautiful, fun day.  I created a fall background on a stretched canvas and added the leaves.  They will eventually crumble, but then I'll have a background canvas to create something else.  I created the background by adding multiple layers of color and leave shapes. I used several different types of stencils including the TCW leaves stencil (that's the underlying gold leave shape), and even used these leaves sprayed with color wash.  I used several shades of pan pastels (blues, greens, oranges, browns, purple, yellow), TH distress inks (reds, greens), Golden paint (Iredescent Gold Deep - fine) and Adirondack (Stream & Terra Cotta) spray inks.  I just kept layering until I was satisfied with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment