Monday, August 27, 2012

Nature



I love this page.  I used several different techniques on it.  I printed the bug on book paper.  My ink was running out so the color is different from the original image.  I really liked it and worked my page around the colors.  The flower is drawn on a piece of parchment/deli paper that comes in between cheese slices.  It is thicker than my other deli papers.  I saw where another artist uses these in her work.  At first I thought, "how crazy".  But while getting cheese for breakfast this morning, I took a look at the paper and said "Why NOT!"  I love the way it turned out.   After I did the background on the deli paper, I saw in the colors a shape that could be made into a flower.  Hence the flower!  I used charcoal pencil to make the flower shape.  Was very pleased with the way it turned out.  I used more inks, paint and a phrase that I thought applied to what I was creating in this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment