Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Alcohol Ink and Yupo paper

Last week, while traveling, I went to Cheap Joe's to get some art supplies. They have things that our local stores don't carry. I always spend too much when I'm there, but since that isn't very often, it's ok.

I picked up some watercolor paper, and a Golden paint I hadn't seen before. But my big purchase was a "set 2" of Dr. Phil Martin's hydrus watercolor paints. I love working with them because they are fluid and the pigments are so intense. I have " set 1" but hadn't seen set 2 anywhere. I had to get them. I just had to!

I'd heard about a paper called Yupo. While walking down an isle, I saw a pad of the paper. Having no idea what medium was used on it, I asked the sales person. Not much info from her. But as I was checking out I saw a lady that was buying a pack. So I asked her what was she going to use it for. She opened up a whole new line of mixed media to me. She explained that it was a synthetic paper and was used mostly with alcohol inks. Yay, I have lots of those. Told me to search on you tube and blogs, that it was all the rage. Well, once you know what to look for, it is everywhere.

So all that said, I started playing. This is one of my first attempts. It is fun and just like gelli printing, it is addictive.




I think they look just like flowers. But then again, it could be my imagination!

-Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment