Saturday, January 4, 2014

Knitted Hat

My daughter is an APP State graduate. Several years ago I made her a scarf with APP's colors. I had some of the yarn left so I decided to make her a hat to go with her scarf for Christmas. I found this pattern some time ago and taught it to a friend of mine. She'd made so many of them, I decided to give it a try. This is actually the third one I'd done since Thanksgiving. Since it was rather plain, I made a flower ( on a pin ) so she could remove it if she didn't want the flower. It really snazzed up the hat quite a bit.

I've already made another hat and half way through another one since making this hat. It is an easy pattern and I usually knit at night when watching TV. Her hat is the only one with a flower. Each hat looks completely different depending on the yarn. So since Thanksgiving, I have made four (almost five) hats and a scarf. Not bad, me thinks!

Next I think I'll attempt some fingerless mittens.




- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment