Thursday, February 20, 2014

Artful Soul

Sometimes when I work on a piece I know exactly what I want to do even before I start. Sometimes it just evolves as I work. This is one of those pieces. I had no idea where I was going until all of a sudden it began to speak to me and directed my strokes.

The background began with strips of tape and book pages. Then I used inks with a lot of drippage. Next layers were acrylic paints and a music stamp. I popped dotted (raised) a copy of an original bluebird watercolor I painted last week during the big snow. The quote was from Andy Warhol and just sort of fit this piece. I printed it on a piece of Braille paper. What a cool effect it gave.

I had a lot of fun with this piece. Got my fingers messy, relaxed and just created.




"art is whatever you can get away with". Andy Warhol









- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment