Friday, March 14, 2014

Pot of Geriums

I finished my Matisse painting. I was very pleased with the finished painting.

I coated card stock paper with acrylic ground. I sketched with charcoal and added in the darks with charcoal. Then I did the under painting with archival re- inkers caramel, denim and pitch black. I used Golden's Dioxazine purple and titanium white. Then went back and did the final painting using the same products. The colors were mixed just using the 3 inkers and white. Purple was added where desired.

- Posted using BlogPress


  1. your piece is gorgeous!
    thanks for stopping by to my blog during the "Lost Coast designs" and "Stencil Girl" blog hop!
    all your comments made my day!
    Bibiana (DTM lost coast designs)