Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lady Slipper

Lady's slipper orchids (also known as lady slipper orchids or slipper orchids) are the orchids in the subfamily Cypripedioidea.  They are narrow-leaved plants native to tropical America. One to six flowers with ribbonlike petals are borne on a stalk nearly 90 cm tall. The leaves are folded, and the flowers are borne on a spike at the tip of the plant.

I love Lady Slipper's.

Comments from an on-line community on this piece: from CJ " I like the simplicity of your sketch, with the black lines, soft washes, and underlying text showing through. Lady slipper seems like an elusive flower from stories in my mind. "

CM:  "How beautiful Carol. You are really a great artist. Love the soft colors. "
CJ: "I like the simplicity of your sketch, with the black lines, soft washes, and underlying text showing through. Lady slipper seems like an elusive flower from stories in my mind." 

No comments:

Post a Comment