Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rainy Day Fun

I liked the idea that Marianne had of using old calendar pages. I've saved a few that were very large, so I decided I'd give it a try. I love exploring new surfaces to paint on. I saw a picture that had an island caught in the middle of a wave. It inspired me to do this piece.

Yesterday I had taken the calendar page and gesso'd it. Then I took various stencils and spray inks to create an abstract background.

Next I used my Golden fluid acrylics and my fingers to begin painting the scene. I wanted a transparent paint so some background stencils would peak through. I just kept going until I liked the result. I really should have taken a picture of my fingers. I really like the feel of the final piece. It is very flexible, not stiff like a canvas. I think I'll find a frame and mat it. I love the beach, waves and sunsets. It makes me happy. So much fun on a rainy day.



- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment