Friday, December 12, 2014

December Daily Challenge Week 2




On December 5th I bought the tree. Actually went and picked it out by myself and brought it home. It is usually something hubby and I do together but didn't work out this year. He said I'd picked a beautiful tree and he couldn't have done any better. Also, on this day my five year old granddaughter lost her first tooth.

So I decided to do a page on picking out the tree. I'm using this page for my week 2 challenge.

1. Use transparent pieces - the vellum under the tree which is made into a pocket and the three leaves at the top. The leaves are clear plastic die-cuts with Golden's gold mica flakes.
2. Use stamps and journal - the pine boughs around the page are all stamped and the tree made of pine boughs at the right bottom corner is stamped. I journaled about buying the tree and there is journaling on the back of the picture of my granddaughter that is tucked in the vellum pocket.

I really love the texture on this page. There is paint, stamping with inks, snowflakes around the page that I made using a stencil and textured with glitter glue, purchased glittered snowflakes and glitter spray on the page. It probably doesn't show up as glittery in the picture but does IRL.
- Posted using BlogPress

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol! I can see the texture on this page, I'm lovin' it! What a special day: you bought your tree and your granddaughter lost her first tooth, what wonderful and exciting moments they are to journal about. Thanks so much for playing along, I have entered your name in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete